The human came home early today. Nice to have company, but he was solicitous enough that I knew something was up. Not that I expected the immediate business with the hanging plant. He watered it like he does every day, and suddenly there was water all over my couch and the human in a frenzy of throwing towels.
Conspicuously absent there is anything I did. But next thing I know, I'm shoved feet-first into a sort of little suitcase, then rocking back and forth as we walk down the street, outside the apartment! Not even taking time to smell anything! I'm not ashamed to admit I was scared. Nothing enhances the unfamiliar like an enclosure where you can barely turn around.
Anyhow, we enter a building - I smell dogs - the human blah blah blahs some, and unzips the suitcase. I'm in a room I've never seen, and over the next half hour three or four other humans go in and out. I like meeting people, because they invariably give their attention to me, and here, so help me, everyone had their priorities right. Me, me, me. I'm not ashamed to admit I got pretty happy, though they poked at some unaccustomed places.
So okay, I could live with it. The human in the white coat even gave me "Cheez Whiz", a substance I could never have imagined without assistance. Briefly I was taken away from my own human, to a back room where they trimmed my claws and clipped the fur on my backside. If there was a reason for that, you don't need to know it.
The whole venture turned out so well that when the little suitcase reappeared I hopped right in. It leads to good things, right? But this time it opened into the same old apartment. Oh well. My couch was nearly dried from the watering incident, and I got a big piece of salmon. I wonder if I'll ever see that little room again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment