Monday, January 17, 2005

Please stop dancing now

Self-grooming isn't light business; I defy any non-cat to lick the entirety of his or her own back. Even in a feline body it calls for some serious contortions.

So when I've twisted and balanced enough to wash my own hip, I'd really prefer that my human not start dancing. Once he starts dancing, I can't move a muscle until he stops. Because I'm sure as hell not taking my eyes off him. My instincts assure me this "dancing" is a prelude to cat dismemberment.

He knows this. He must know it. He only ever dances when I'm in the middle of a difficult grooming pose, and looks thoroughly pleased with himself.

My previous residence was no bowl of catnip. The other cat was a total hellion. But at least that human refrained from dancing in my presence.

Great, I've forgotten where I was. Must start over on the hip. Will you stop!

No comments: